[nova][dev] 4 weeks until feature freeze

melanie witt melwittt at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 23:06:11 UTC 2019

Hey all,

We've 4 weeks left until feature freeze milestone s-3 on March 7.

I've updated the blueprint status tracking etherpad:

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nova-stein-blueprint-status

For our Cycle Themes:

Multi-cell operational enhancements:

We have good progress going on handling of down cells and cross-cell
resize. Counting quota usage from placement is still a WIP and I will be
pushing updates this week.

Compute nodes able to upgrade and exist with nested resource providers
for multiple vGPU types:

This effort has stalled during the cycle but the libvirt driver reshaper
patch has updates coming soon. The xenapi driver reshaper patch has a -1
from Nov 28 and has not been updated yet in response. Help is needed
here. The patches for multiple vGPU types (libvirt and xenapi) are stale
since Rocky (as they depend on the reshapers).

Volume-backed user experience and API improvement:

The ability to specify volume type during server create is complete
since 2018-10-16. However, the patches for being able to detach a boot
volume and volume-backed server rebuild are in merge conflict/stale.
Help is needed here.

If you are the owner of an approved blueprint, please:

* Add the blueprint if I've missed it
* Update the status if it is not accurate
* If your blueprint is in the "Wayward changes" section, please upload
and update patches as soon as you can, to allow maximum time for review
* If your patches are noted as Merge Conflict or WIP or needing an
update, please update them and update the status on the etherpad
* Add a note under your blueprint if you're no longer able to work on it
this cycle

Let us know if you have any questions or need assistance with your
blueprint.

Cheers,
-melanie