[nova[metadata] queens issues

Ignazio Cassano ignaziocassano at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 07:29:28 UTC 2019

Hello All,
I am facing an issue with nova metadata or probably something is missed by
design.
If I create an instance from an image with os_require_quiesce='yes' and
hw_qemu_guest_agent='yes' and the image contain the package
quemu-guest-agent, when the instance boots the service quemu.gust-agent
starts fine because all needed device are created in kvm for the instance.

If I destory the instance and boot another instance from the volume used by
the previous instance, metadata are missed and qemu-guest agent  does not
start,
I think this is a problem from backupping and restoring instances.

Regards
Ignazio