[tc] The future of the "Help most needed" list

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Thu Feb 7 02:33:32 UTC 2019

 ---- On Wed, 06 Feb 2019 18:45:03 +0900 Jean-Philippe Evrard <jean-philippe at evrard.me> wrote ----
 > > So, maybe the next step is to convince someone to champion a goal of
 > > improving our contributor documentation, and to have them describe
 > > what
 > > the documentation should include, covering the usual topics like how
 > > actually submit patches as well as suggestions for how to describe
 > > areas
 > > where help is needed in a project and offers to mentor contributors.

If I am not wrong, you are saying to have help-wanted-list owned by each project
side which is nothing but a part of contributor documentation? As you mentioned that complete
doc can be linked as a central page on docs.openstack.org. If so then, it looks perfect to me.

Further, that list can be updated/maintained with mentor mapping by the project
team on every cycle which is nothing but what projects present in onboarding sessions etc.

 > > Does anyone want to volunteer to serve as the goal champion for that?
 > >

 > This doesn't get visibility yet, as this thread is under [tc] only.
 >
 > Lance and I will raise this in our next update (which should be
 > tomorrow) if we don't have a volunteer here.

I was waiting in case anyone shows up for that but looks like no.
I can take this goal.

-gmann