[TC][Searchlight] Project health evaluation

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Wed Feb 6 13:36:48 UTC 2019

> As we're reaching the Stein-3 milestone [5] and preparing for the Denver
> summit. We, as a team, would like have a formal project health evaluation
> in several aspects such as active contributors / team, planning, bug fixes,
> features, etc. We would love to have some voice from the TC team and anyone
> from the community who follows our effort during the Stein cycle. We then
> would want to update the information at [6] and [7] to avoid any confusion
> that may stop potential contributors or users to come to Searchlight.

> [2]
> https://www.dangtrinh.com/2018/10/searchlight-at-stein-1-weekly-report.html
> [3] https://www.dangtrinh.com/2019/01/searchlight-at-stein-2-r-14-r-13.html
> [4]
> https://docs.openstack.org/searchlight/latest/user/usecases.html#our-vision
> [5] https://releases.openstack.org/stein/schedule.html
> [6] https://governance.openstack.org/election/results/stein/ptl.html
> [7] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/OpenStack_health_tracker

It really looks like great progress with Searchlight over this release. Nice
work Trinh and all that have been involved in that.

[6] is a historical record of what happened with the PTL election. What would
you want to update there? The best path forward, in my opinion, is to make sure
there is a clear PTL candidate for the Train release.

[7] is a periodic update of notes between TC members and the projects. If you
would like to get more information added there, I would recommend working with
the two TC members assigned to Searchlight to get an update. That appears to be
Chris Dent and Dims.

Sean