[nova] [placement] extraction checkin meeting at 1700 UTC today

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Wed Feb 6 12:14:12 UTC 2019

A reminder that as discussed at the last placement extraction
checkin meeting [1] we've got another one today at 1700 UTC. Join
the #openstack-placement IRC channel around then if you are
interested, and a google hangout url will be provided.

In the thread with the notes, there was a question that didn't get
answered [2] in email and remains open as far as I know.

There's an etherpad [3] with pending extraction related tasks. If
you've done some of the work on there, please make sure it is up to
date. From that, it appears that the main pending things are
deployment (with upgrade) and the vgpu reshaper work (which is
close).

Note that the main question we're trying to answer here is "when can
we delete the nova code?", which is closely tied to the unanswered
question [2] mentioned above. We are already using the extracted
code in the integrate gate and we are not testing the unextracted
code anywhere.

[1] notes from the last meeting are at
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-January/001789.html
[2] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-January/001805.html