[baremetal-sig][ironic] Proposing Formation of Bare Metal SIG

Chris Hoge chris at openstack.org
Mon Feb 4 22:45:07 UTC 2019

Based on the number of folks signed up in the planning etherpad[1], we
have a good initial showing and I've gone ahead and sent up a review[2]
to formalize the creation of the SIG. One thing missing is additional
leads to help guide the Bare-metal SIG. If you would like to be added as
a co-lead, please respond here or on the review and I can make the
necessary update. I'll start looking for UC and TC approval early next
week on the patch.

In the meantime, I'd like to use this thread to start talking about some
of the initial items we can start collaborating on. A few things that I
was thinking we could begin on are:

* A bare metal white paper, similar to the containers white paper we
  published last year[3].
* A getting started with Ironic demo, run as a community webinar that
  would not only be a way to give an easy introduction to Ironic but also
  get larger feedback on the sort of things the community would like to
  see the SIG produce.

What are some other items that we could get started with, and do we have
volunteers to participate in any of the items listed above?

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/bare-metal-sig
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/634824/1
[3] https://www.openstack.org/containers

-Chris