[ironic] [thirdparty-ci] BaremetalBasicOps test

Julia Kreger juliaashleykreger at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 13:51:04 UTC 2019

On Thu, Jan 31, 2019 at 8:37 AM Michael Turek
<mjturek at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:

[trim]
> The job is able to clean the node during devstack, successfully deploy
> to the node during the tempest run, and is successfully validated via
> ssh. The node then moves to clean failed with a network error [1], and
> the job subsequently fails. Sometime between the validation and
> attempting to clean, the neutron port associated with the ironic port is
> deleted and a new port comes into existence. Where I'm having trouble is
> finding out what this port is. Based on it's MAC address It's a virtual
> port, and its MAC is not the same as the ironic port.

I think we landed code around then to address the issue of duplicate
mac addresses where a port gets orphaned by external processes, so by
default I seem to remember the logic now just resets the MAC if we no
longer need the port.

What are the network settings your operating the job with? It seems
like 'flat' is at least the network_interface based on what your
describing.