[manila][glusterfs] on queens error

Tom Barron tpb at dyncloud.net
Sun Feb 3 10:05:49 UTC 2019

On 01/02/19 07:28 +0100, Ignazio Cassano wrote:
>Thanks Goutham.
>If there are not mantainers for this driver I will switch on ceph and or
>netapp.
>I am already using netapp but I would like to export shares from an
>openstack installation to another.
>Since these 2 installations do non share any openstack component and have
>different openstack database, I would like to know it is possible .
>Regards
>Ignazio

Hi Ignazio,

If by "export shares from an openstack installation to another" you
mean removing them from management by manila in installation A and
instead managing them by manila in installation B then you can do that
while leaving them in place on your Net App back end using the manila
"manage-unmanage" administrative commands. Here's some documentation
[1] that should be helpful.

If on the other hand by "export shares ... to another" you mean to
leave the shares under management of manila in installation A but
consume them from compute instances in installation B it's all about
the networking.  One can use manila to "allow-access" to consumers of
shares anywhere but the consumers must be able to reach the "export
locations" for those shares and mount them.

Cheers,

-- Tom Barron

[1] https://netapp.github.io/openstack-deploy-ops-guide/ocata/content/manila.examples.manila_cli.single_svm.html#d6e5806