State of the Gate (placement?)

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 17:47:08 UTC 2019

On 11/1/2019 10:22 AM, Matt Riedemann wrote:
> On 11/1/2019 9:55 AM, Clark Boylan wrote:
>> OVH controls the disk IOPs that we get pretty aggressively as well.
>> Possible it is an IO thing?
>
> Yeah, so looking at the dstat output in that graph (thanks for pointing
> out that site, really nice) we basically have 0 I/O from 16:53 to 16:55,
> so uh, that's probably not good.

Dredging this back up after discussing with Clark in IRC today. I've
posted a patch to disable c-bak and etcd3 in grenade jobs [1]. The hope
is this will alleviate some pressure on OVH nodes where iops are
restricted. We aren't even effectively doing anything with c-bak and
etcd3 in grenade jobs so this should not be controversial.

[1] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/700214/

Matt