[Telemetry][TC]Telemetry status

Radosław Piliszek radoslaw.piliszek at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 14:46:31 UTC 2019

pt., 20 gru 2019 o 15:34 Mark Goddard <mark at stackhpc.com> napisał(a):
> On Fri, 20 Dec 2019, 10:44 Thierry Carrez, <thierry at openstack.org> wrote:
>> Radosław Piliszek wrote:
>> > +1 for forking. But that would probably mandate a slight rename to
>> > avoid confusion and announce the change in priorities (ceilometer
>> > backend vs general-purpose [however unlikely in practice]).
>>
>> +1 to renaming if we change the scope of the original project. Something
>> like "ceilodb" would make it clear it's just a data backend for
>> Ceilometer... but I'll let the volunteers taking it over choose :)
>

> Sounds like a bad idea IMO. I'm sure the codebase is littered with the name gnocchi, and everyone knows it as such. Projects can change scope and direction over time, that's ok if it's advertised.

If advertised, approved and if you are really taking full ownership...
Moving it from github to opendev as is would definitely cause some
identity trouble.
That said, it might be the case we are talking about ghosts - if
gnocchi is used like 99.9% as ceilometer backend then it's probably
fine whatever we do to make it thrive.
Can we somehow get people from gnocchi to discuss the reality?

-yoctozepto