[searchlight] Elasticsearch 5 and latest support

Mathieu Gagné mgagne at calavera.ca
Wed Dec 18 01:25:05 UTC 2019

I don't mind reindexing from scratch. However my concern is the following:
If people are already running Searchlight, they will be running ES 1.x
or 2.x. (as ES 5.x and latest aren't supported atm by Searchlight)
If we plan on updating Searchlight to support the latest supported ES
versions, should we be concerned with the data migration for those
existing users?
If not, this could greatly speed up development as we wouldn't have to
consider any form of backward compatibility or migration path.
Also which versions should be supported? Would 6.x be enough? Should
7.x be targeted?

Mathieu