[qa][nova][cinder] ceph job has been busted on stable/pike for awhile, fix or delete?

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 20:51:08 UTC 2019

The ceph job on stable/pike has been broken for awhile [1].

The fix to make devstack-plugin-ceph (which is branchless) work on
stable/pike depends on this devstack change on stable/pike to introduce
the TARGET_BRANCH variable [2].

Question is, can we move [2] forward? If not, I make a motion that we
drop ceph jobs from stable/pike (and likely stable/ocata if we are still
running them there) because they won't work.

The ceph job is non-voting anyway so that's why it goes unnoticed for so
long when it's broken. If we aren't going to fix this stuff we shouldn't
be wasting CI resources running broken jobs.

Did I mention that you should all get off my lawn? :)

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/devstack-plugin-ceph/+bug/1835627
[2] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/684756/

Matt