Finding configuration values

Brian Haley haleyb.dev at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 16:02:10 UTC 2019

On 12/12/19 6:09 PM, Albert Braden wrote:
> This is the Rocky doc I was using:
>
> https://docs.openstack.org/neutron/rocky/configuration/neutron.html
>
> This is what it says about the rpc_workers setting:
>
> rpc_workers
>
> Type: integer
> Default: 1
> Number of RPC worker processes for service.

Just an FYI that the default value for rpc_workers has changed, if you
look at the Stein or later config it's now:

api_workers
     Type
         integer
         <None>
     Number of separate API worker processes for service. If not
specified, the default is equal to the number of CPUs available for best
performance, capped by potential RAM usage.

rpc_workers
     Type
         integer
         <None>
     Number of RPC worker processes for service. If not specified, the
default is equal to half the number of API workers.

> Is this the correct place to add something like 'If your neutron-metadata-agent.log is full of "error: [Errno 32] Broken pipe" then increase this setting' ?
>
> I'd be happy to help update the docs but I'm not sure how to get started. Opening document bugs doesn't seem to result in any change; if I could figure out how to submit changes myself that might be more helpful. How can I register as a document change submitter?

There is a doc in the neutron repo available via docs.o.o:

https://docs.openstack.org/neutron/train/admin/config-wsgi.html

The last section of that covers "Neutron Worker Processes", and might be
helpful.  If you think it would be useful to add a little more info on
this failure please either create a patch (file is at
doc/source/admin/config-wsgi.rst in the repo), or open a bug - sometimes
these low-hanging fruit things are great for someone new to the project.

-Brian