[infra][zuul][kolla] ansible_python_interpreter & stable branches

Mark Goddard mark at stackhpc.com
Thu Dec 12 13:36:22 UTC 2019

Hi,

It appears that Zuul is now using python3 as the
ansible_python_interpreter for Ubuntu [0]. This seems to also affect
stable branches. For kolla ansible this has broken our deploy job
which uses the pip module to install our dependencies, and now does so
using python3. For Stein and earlier, our scripts use #/usr/bin/env
python, which links to python2.

I think we can easily fix this by setting ansible_python_interpreter
in our zuul vars on stable branches, but perhaps there are some other
unintended side-effects?

Cheers,
Mark

[0] https://zuul.opendev.org/t/openstack/build/e0c56c36ef064c9dae00d31ea2979b32/log/primary/logs/facts.json#1308