[nova] Status of the bp support-move-ops-with-qos-ports

Balázs Gibizer balazs.gibizer at est.tech
Sat Aug 31 20:23:05 UTC 2019

On Sat, Aug 31, 2019 at 12:06 AM, Matt Riedemann <mriedemos at gmail.com> wrote:
On 8/29/2019 11:09 AM, Matt Riedemann wrote:
One possible complication in the current patch series is that it proposes the necessary RPC changes for _every_ move operations [3]. This might not be what we want to merge in Train if only cold migrate and resize support fill fit. So I see two possible way forwards: a) Others also feel that cold migrate and resize will fit into Train, and then I will quickly change [3] to only modify those RPCs. b) We agree to postpone the whole series to U. Then I will not spend too much time on reworking [3] in the Train timeframe.
Or (c) we just land that change. I was meaning to review that today anyway so this email is coincidental for me. I think passing the request spec down to the compute methods is fine and something we'll want to do eventually anyway for this series (even if the live migration stuff is deferred to U).
I'm +2 on that change now.
A connected topic: I proposed patches [4] to add cold migrate and resize tempest coverage to the nova-grenade-multinode (renamed from nova-grenade-live-migrate) job as Matt pointed out in [3] that we don't have such coverage and that my original change in [3] would have broken a mixed-compute-version deployment.
I'm just waiting on CI results for those but since I've already been through them in some form and they are pretty small I think there is a good chance of landing these soon.
These CI changes are approved and I've rebased the series on top of them.

Thank you Matt!

cheers,
gibi

--