[tc] Gradually reduce TC to 11 members over 2020

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Aug 28 16:22:11 UTC 2019

On 2019-08-28 08:30:58 -0400 (-0400), Julia Kreger wrote:
[...]
> I feel like this is something that would have to be discussed
> before the board so they are aware in advance of starting to
> reduce the size of the TC. If the board says "nope", then I
> suspect we need to respect that.
[...]

I think it would be nice of us to give them a heads-up, but the OSF
bylaws don't mandate any particular size for the OpenStack TC:

https://www.openstack.org/legal/technical-committee-member-policy/

Instead it only requires a supermajority of the sitting TC members
to agree to change where it's specified in our charter:

https://governance.openstack.org/tc/reference/charter.html#tc-members

So the OSF board of directors doesn't actually have any direct
control over the decision as far as I can tell.
--
Jeremy Stanley