[tc] Gradually reduce TC to 11 members over 2020

Julia Kreger juliaashleykreger at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 12:30:58 UTC 2019

On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 11:26 AM Zane Bitter <zbitter at redhat.com> wrote:

> TBH, I'd suggest we:
>
> * Aim for 9

I also think 9 is likely a better number.

> * Reduce by 2 each time so we don't end up with an even number

My biggest concern with this proposal is having the possibility of an
even number of people sitting on the TC at any one given time.

> * Start now when 4 people have announced they're stepping down (though
> in a perfect world this would have been the cycle when 7 seats are up
> for election)

I feel like this is something that would have to be discussed before
the board so they are aware in advance of starting to reduce the size
of the TC. If the board says "nope", then I suspect we need to respect
that.