[ansible] 2.9 feature freeze is on 2019-08-29

Sorin Sbarnea ssbarnea at redhat.com
Sun Aug 25 08:44:02 UTC 2019

I just wanted to note for those using Ansible that the feature freeze is in 2019-08-29 which means that if you have any changes you want to make, that's the last date when you will be able to merge them. After this date there will be only be bugfixes and the Ansible team policy is very strict about what counts as a feature.

For example not passing some arguments counts as new feature, not a bug fix.
https://docs.ansible.com/ansible/latest/roadmap/ROADMAP_2_9.html

I wanted to highlight this because recently I wanted to add support for etc_hosts on docker_image (build) (it was only on docker_container / run) and the change got merged into 2.8 but backporting the fix was denied as it counted as new feature.

If you are aware about other similar changes that do affect openstack, lets try to make them happen now, or we will be delayed 4 months for sure.

Thanks
Sorin Sbarnea