[all][api-sig] Update on SIG status and seeking guidance from the community

Eric Fried openstack at fried.cc
Fri Aug 23 13:55:06 UTC 2019

> feel quite good about the current state of the guidelines i'm sure
> there is room for improvement,

It's worth noting that there's quite a lot of unmerged guideline content
under the api-sig's purview [1]. We should either close or rehome these
patches before we consider disbanding the SIG. It's obviously hard to
merge stuff with a small (and now shrinking) core list [2], but at least
some of this content is valuable and should not be abandoned. I, for
one, would like to be able to refer to published documentation rather
than in-flight (or abandoned) change sets when wrestling with version
discovery logic in ksa/sdk.

efried

[1] https://review.opendev.org/#/q/project:openstack/api-sig+status:open
[2] https://review.opendev.org/#/admin/groups/468,members