[openstack-dev][magnum] Using Fedora Atomic 29 for k8s cluster

Feilong Wang feilong at catalyst.net.nz
Fri Aug 23 03:42:47 UTC 2019

Hi all,

At this moment, Magnum is still using Fedora Atomic 27 as the default
image in devstack. But you can definitely use Fedora Atomic 29 and it
works fine. But you may run into a performance issue when booting Fedora
Atomic 29 if your compute host doesn't have enough entropy. There are
two steps you need for that case:

1. Adding property hw_rng_model='virtio' to  Fedora Atomic 29 image

2. Adding property hw_rng:allowed='True' to flavor, and we also need hw_rng:rate_bytes=4096 and hw_rng:rate_period=1 to get a reasonable rate
limit to avoid the VM drain the hypervisor.

We are working on a patch for Magnum devstack to support FA29 out of
box. Meanwhile, we're starting to test Fedora CoreOS 30. Please popup in
#openstack-containers channel if you have any question. Cheers.

--
Cheers & Best regards,
Feilong Wang (王飞龙)
Email: flwang at catalyst.net.nz
Level 6, Catalyst House, 150 Willis Street, Wellington