[all] [tc] [docs] [release] [ptls] Docs as SIG: Ownership of docs.openstack.org

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Aug 21 10:24:35 UTC 2019

Doug Hellmann wrote:

>> On 2019-08-19 12:49:41 -0500 (-0500), Sean McGinnis wrote:
>> [...]
>>> there seems to be a big difference between owning the task of
>>> configuring the site for the next release (which totally makes
>>> sense as a release team task) and owning the entire
>>> docs.openstack.org site.
>
> The suggestion is for the release team to take over the site generator
> for docs.openstack.org (the stuff under “www” in the current
> openstack-manuals git repository) and for the SIG to own anything
> that looks remotely like “content”. There isn’t much of that left anyway,
> now that most of it is in the project repositories.

Yes, my understanding was that the release team would only own the site
generation and associated cycle-tied mechanics. I felt like that was
akin to "releasing the docs" (whatever they end up containing), and at
this point docs are just a specific form of project team deliverable. We
have to care for those things getting done as part of the release cycle
anyway.

It's not a great fit, but it's probably not the worst either. And there
aren't that many alternatives solutions (the TC would arguably be a
worse fit).

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)