[all][infra] Zuul logs are in swift

James E. Blair corvus at inaugust.com
Tue Aug 20 13:24:44 UTC 2019

Sorin Sbarnea <ssbarnea at redhat.com> writes:

> I am really glad to see the improvements on the log browsing UX.
>
> Can we also add address few other issues? like:
>
> a) auto-wrap long lines, even your link is a perfect example of
> endless horizontal bar created by pip requirements line. log should
> never need horizontal scrolling in browser.
> b) coloring in logs?
> c) auto hiding/collapsing the timestamp column -- it is boilerplate in
> most cases taking 20% entire screen real estate. same info could be
> visible as tooltip
> d) shorter urls?  do we really need "602ab1629aca4f4ebe21ff7024884f87"
> as build number of we can get around with 3-6 chars? -- i always need
> to horizontally scroll the URL bar to see the file I am on.
>
> PS. I am more than willing to invest some of my personal time on addressing these.

If you would like to implement some of those, the source is in the
web/src directory of the zuul repo.  Local development against the
production OpenDev data is easy, and this information may help you get
started:

  https://zuul-ci.org/docs/zuul/developer/javascript.html

B seems straightforward.  D is probably best achieved not by shortening
the URL, but by displaying the filename on the page and/or in the page
title.

A and C are matters of personal preference.  You may want to discuss
those with the upstream Zuul community on the
zuul-discuss at lists.zuul-ci.org mailing list.

-Jim