[all] [tc] [docs] [release] [ptls] Docs as SIG: Ownership of docs.openstack.org

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Mon Aug 19 15:41:06 UTC 2019

> Quick recap: The documentation team is set to disband as an official
> project, and make the leap to becoming a SIG (Special Interest Group).
>

> The remaining individuals working on the docs team are sorting through
> what's left and where it is best placed. In [1], Doug has rightfully
> pointed out that whilst the documentation team as it stands today is no
> longer "integral", the docs.openstack.org web site is. An owner is
> required.

Unless things have changed, SIGs can be owners of a resource published via
docs.openstack.org (and I am assuming that means be extension, docs.o.o
itself). Is there a reason the Docs SIG would not still be able to own the
site?

> The suggestion is for the Release Management team is the "least worst"
> (thanks, tonyb) place for the website manaagement to land. As Tony
> points out, this requires learning new tools and processes but the
> individuals working on the docs team currently have no intention to
> leave, and are around to help manage this from the SIG.

I'm personally fine with the release team taking this on, but it does seem like
an odd fit. I think it would make a lot more sense for the Docs SIG to own the
docs site than the release team.