[keystone] Feature proposal freeze status

Colleen Murphy colleen at gazlene.net
Fri Aug 16 21:41:09 UTC 2019

This week is the keystone team's feature proposal freeze week. Here's a status update for our planned features for this cycle[1]:

* Add Fine Grained Restrictions to Application Credentials[2]:  implementation is proposed and ready for review[3], most work is merged, some patches remaining for review, client work not started

* Expiring Group Memberships Through Mapping Rules[4]: implementation not yet proposed, 1-week extension granted[5]

* Explicit Domain IDs[6]: Complete[7]

* Immutable Resources[8]: Implementation proposed[9], partially WIP; depends on resource options work

* Resource options for all resource types[10]: implementation not yet proposed, 1-week extension granted[11]

* Extend user API to support federated attributes[12]: proposed and ready for review[13]

We're only holding spec work accountable to the feature proposal freeze deadline. Other roadmap features[14], including system scope and default roles work, is open for code proposals until feature freeze week.

[1] http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/keystone-specs/
[2] http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/keystone-specs/specs/keystone/train/capabilities-app-creds.html
[3] https://review.opendev.org/#/q/topic:bp/whitelist-extension-for-app-creds
[4] http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/keystone-specs/specs/keystone/train/expiring-group-memberships.html