[nova] NUMA live migration is ready for review and testing

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 20:23:11 UTC 2019

On Thu, Aug 15, 2019 at 2:31 PM Matt Riedemann <mriedemos at gmail.com> wrote:
> As I've said in IRC a few times, this feature was mentioned (at the last
> summit/PTG in Denver) as being critical for the next StarlingX release
> so I'd really hope the StarlingX community can help review and test
> this. I know there was some help from WindRiver in Stein which uncovered
> some issues, so it would be good to have that same kind of attention
> here. Feature freeze for Train is less than a month away (Sept 12).

StarlingX does have time built in for this testing, intending to be
complete before the STX 2.0 release at the end of August.  I've
suggested that we need to test both Train and our Stein backport but I
am not the one with the resources to allocate.

> Again the testing here with real hardware is key, and that's something
> I'd hope Intel/WindRiver/StarlingX folk can help with since I personally
> don't have a lab sitting around available for NUMA testing. Since we
> won't have third party CI for this feature, it's going to be important
> that at least someone is hitting this with a real environment, ideally
> with mixed Stein and Train compute services as well to make sure it
> behaves properly during rolling upgrades.

Oddly enough, in my $OTHER_DAY_JOB Intel's new Third Party CI is at
the top of my list and we are getting dangerously close there in
general, but this testing is unfortunately not first in line.

dt

--
Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com