[all][infra] Zuul logs are in swift

Eric Fried openstack at fried.cc
Thu Aug 15 19:11:15 UTC 2019

Hi infra. I wanted to blast out a handful of issues I've had since the
cutover to swift.

I'm using Chrome Version 76.0.3809.100 (Official Build) (64-bit) on
bionic (18.04.3).

- Hot tip: if you want the dynamic logs (with timestamp links and sev
filters), use the twisties. Clicking through gets you to the raw files.
The former was not obvious to me.
- Some in-app logs aren't working. E.g. when I try to look at
controller=>logs=>screen-n-cpu.txt.gz from [1], it redirects me to [2].
The hover [3] has a double slash in it, not sure if that's related, but
when I try squashing to one slash, I get an error... sometimes [4].
- When the in-app logs do render, they don't wrap. There's a horizontal
scroll bar, but it's at the bottom of an inner frame, so it's off the
screen most of the time and therefore not useful. (I don't have
horizontal mouse scroll capabilities; maybe I should look into that.)
- The timestamp links in app anchor the line at the "top" - which (for
me, anyway) is "underneath" the header menu (Status Projects Jobs Labels
Nodes Builds Buildsets), so I have to scroll up to get the anchored line
and a few of its successors.

Thanks as always for all your hard work.

efried

[1]
https://zuul.opendev.org/t/openstack/build/402a73a9238643c2b893d53b37a6ce27/logs
[2] https://zuul.opendev.org/tenants