[aodh] [heat] Stein: How to create alarms based on rate metrics like CPU utilization?

Duc Truong duc.openstack at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 16:34:54 UTC 2019

I don't know how to solve this problem in aodh, but it is possible to
use Prometheus to aggregate CPU utilization and trigger scaling.  I
wrote up how to do this with Senlin and Prometheus here:
https://medium.com/@dkt26111/auto-scaling-openstack-instances-with-senlin-and-prometheus-46100a9a14e1?source=friends_link&sk=5c0a2aa9e541e8c350963e7ec72bcbb5

You can probably do something similar with Heat and Prometheus.