[all][tc] U Cycle Naming Poll

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Tue Aug 13 17:09:11 UTC 2019

On 8/13/19 4:57 PM, James E. Blair wrote:
> [...]
> Since we take particular pride in our community participation, the fact
> that we have not been able or willing to do this correctly reflects very
> poorly on us.  I would rather that we not do this at all than do it
> badly, so I think this should be the last release with a name.  I've
> proposed that change here:
>
>   https://review.opendev.org/675788

The names were fun initially - but sometimes a joke turns old, I agree,
it's time to change the process. And giving up names is fine.

But then we need another way to sequence. The U release is the 21th
release, so let's use that as overall number (even if different projects
have less than 20 releases).

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com Twitter: jaegerandi
   GF: Felix Imendörffer, Mary Higgins, Sri Rasiah