[tc] meeting summary for aug. 8 2019

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Aug 13 16:19:36 UTC 2019

Tim Bell wrote:
>> We’re also thinking about starting a “Large Scale” SIG so people could
>> collaborate in tackling more of the scaling issues together. Thierry
>> Carrez (ttx) and I will be looking into that by mentioning the idea to
>> LINE and YahooJapan (as some perspective at-scale operators)to see
>> what they think and also make a list of organizations that could be
>> interested. Rico Lin (ricolin) will also update the SIG guidelines
>> documents to make the whole process easier and Jim Rollenhagen (jroll)
>> will try and bring this up at Verizon Media.
>
> How about a forum brainstorm in Shanghai ?

Yes, my goal is to get a number of interested stakeholders to meet in
Shanghai and see if there is enough alignment in goals to openly
collaborate on those questions.

We have had several groups tackling facets of the "large scale" problem
in the past (performance WG, large deployments workgroup, LCOO...) -- my
thinking here would be to narrow it down to addressing scaling
limitations in cluster sizes (think: RabbitMQ falling down after a given
number of compute nodes).

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)