[all][tc]Naming the U release of OpenStack -- Poll open

Rico Lin rico.lin.guanyu at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 04:56:08 UTC 2019

Hi, all OpenStackers,

It's time to vote for the naming of the U release!!
U 版本正式命名票选开始!!

First, big thanks for all people who take their own time to propose names
on [2] or help to push/improve to the naming process. Thank you.

We'll use a public polling option over per-user private URLs
for voting.  This means everybody should proceed to use the following URL to
cast their vote:

*https://civs.cs.cornell.edu/cgi-bin/vote.pl?id=E_19e5119b14f86294&akey=0cde542cb3de1b12
<https://civs.cs.cornell.edu/cgi-bin/vote.pl?id=E_19e5119b14f86294&akey=0cde542cb3de1b12>*

We've selected a public poll to ensure that the whole community, not just
Gerrit
change owners get a vote.  Also, the size of our community has grown such
that we
can overwhelm CIVS if using private URLs.  A public can mean that users
behind NAT, proxy servers or firewalls may receive a message saying
that your vote has already been lodged if this happens please try
another IP.
Because this is a public poll, results will currently be only viewable by me
until the poll closes. Once closed, I'll post the URL making the results
viewable to everybody. This was done to avoid everybody seeing the results
while
the public poll is running.

The poll will officially end on 2019-08-20 23:59:00+00:00 (UTC time)[1],
and results will be
posted shortly after.

[1] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/reference/release-naming.html
[2] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Release_Naming/U_Proposals