[glance] glance-cache-management hardcodes URL with port

Erno Kuvaja ekuvaja at redhat.com
Mon Aug 12 16:50:00 UTC 2019

On Thu, Aug 8, 2019 at 12:49 PM Bernd Bausch <berndbausch at gmail.com> wrote:

> Stein re-introduces Glance cache management, but I have not been able to
> use the glance-cache-manage command. I always get errno 111, connection
> refused.
>
> It turns out that the command tries to access http://localhost:9292. It
> has options for non-default IP address and port, but unfortunately on my
> (devstack) cloud, the Glance endpoint is http://192.168.1.200/image. No
> port.
>
> Is there a way to tell glance-cache-manage to use this endpoint?
>
> Bernd.

Hi Bernd,

You can always give it the port 80, the real problem likely is the prefix
/image you have there. Are you running glance-api as wsgi app under some
http-server or is that reverse-proxy/loadbalancer you're directing the
glance-cache-manage towards? Remember that the management is not currently
cluster wide so you should be always targeting single service process at
the time.

- Erno "jokke" Kuvaja