[scientific]How are orgs using openstack for research?

Brenton Poke brentonpoke at outlook.com
Tue Aug 6 18:44:24 UTC 2019

One of the answers I'm seeking is whether or not some orgs create shareable
configurations for software stacks that might do things like collect data
into sinks like that of what amazon is attempting to offer with aws research
cloud. The limitation I see with aws is that everything is built
specifically with aws systems, like using S3 to store everything. For
example, if your output would be better represented as a graph, it would
make more sense to use a kafka-orientDB sink that can be reused. Make it a
helm chart? I'm not sure. I was told that CERN uses openstack for research,
but I have no idea as to what extent or if they contribute anything back.
Does anyone know how a research org is using the infrastructure right now?