[nova] local ssd disk performance

Daniel Speichert daniel at speichert.pl
Fri Aug 2 15:50:03 UTC 2019

For the case of simply using local disk mounted for /var/lib/nova and
raw disk image type, you could try adding to nova.conf:

    preallocate_images = space

This implicitly changes the I/O method in libvirt from "threads" to
"native", which in my case improved performance a lot (10 times) and
generally is the best performance I could get.

Best Regards
Daniel