Re: ​[release] (a bit belated) Release countdown for week R-11, July 29 - August 2

Dmitry Tantsur dtantsur at redhat.com
Thu Aug 1 11:27:48 UTC 2019

On 7/31/19 8:21 PM, Kendall Nelson wrote:
> Hello Everyone!
>
> Development Focus
> -----------------
> We are now past the Train-2 milestone, and entering the last development phase
> of the cycle. Teams should be focused on implementing planned work for the
> cycle.Now is  a good time to review those plans and reprioritize anything if
> needed based on the what progress has been made and what looks realistic to
> complete in the next few weeks.
>
> General Information
> -------------------
> The following cycle-with-intermediary deliverables have not done any
> intermediary release yet during this cycle. The cycle-with-rc release model is
> more suited for deliverables that plan to be released only once per cycle.

I respectfully disagree. I will reserve my opinion on whether cycle-with-rc
suits *anyone*, but in our case I'd prefer to have an option of releasing
something in the middle of a cycle even if we don't exercise this option way too
often.

I'm not an ironic PTL, bit anyway please note that I'm -1 on the change for any
of our projects.

Dmitry