[placement][nova][ptg] resource provider affinity

Eric Fried openstack at fried.cc
Tue Apr 30 00:35:38 UTC 2019

> Why would it require GROUP_A to provide resources? Haven't we
> already established that we're going to need to lighten the
> requirement that 'requiredN' must have a 'resourcesN'? If we
> haven't, perhaps this is the thing that will push us that way?

Oic, so group A could be a (potentially resourceless) provider with a trait like NUMA_NODE or SRIOV_NET_AGENT.

If we can get by the other issue - to which I shall henceforth refer as "inter-group referencing" - I could get behind this.

Did we decide on "traits (and/or aggregates) flow down" too? I'm losing track of how all these things interact and which combinations are necessary to solve which use cases.

efried
.