[dev][keystone] Keystone Team Update - Week of 22 April 2019

Colleen Murphy colleen at gazlene.net
Sat Apr 27 00:30:51 UTC 2019

# Keystone Team Update - Week of 22 April 2019

## News

### Keystone Ocata in Pike are in Extended Maintenance

The stable/ocata and stable/stein branches went into Extended Maintenance mode this month[1][2] in accordance with the new-ish maintenance phase procedure[3]. This means that those branches won't be released any more. However, they are still open to land backports. If and when those branches become too difficult to maintain, we will discuss putting them in the Unmaintained phase.

[1] https://review.opendev.org/650467
[2] https://review.opendev.org/652905
[3] https://docs.openstack.org/project-team-guide/stable-branches.html

### No meetings next two weeks

We agreed to skip the next two IRC meetings[4].

[4] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-April/005531.html

### Forum Sessions and Summit Presentations

Forum sessions that you should be aware of if you're interested in the future of keystone:

    Keystone Application Credentials: Status and Planning: https://www.openstack.org/summit/denver-2019/summit-schedule/events/23643/keystone-application-credentials-status-and-planning
    Keystone Operator Feedback: https://www.openstack.org/summit/denver-2019/summit-schedule/events/23644/keystone-operator-feedback
    Change ownership of resources - followup: https://www.openstack.org/summit/denver-2019/summit-schedule/events/23675/change-ownership-of-resources-followup
    Project Resource Cleanup - followup: https://www.openstack.org/summit/denver-2019/summit-schedule/events/23674/project-resource-cleanup-followup
    Increasing API accessibility with granular policy and default roles: https://www.openstack.org/summit/denver-2019/summit-schedule/events/23642/increasing-api-accessibility-with-granular-policy-and-default-roles
    Unified limits update and migration: https://www.openstack.org/summit/denver-2019/summit-schedule/events/23641/unified-limits-update-and-migration

Presentations related to keystone that you may be interested in:

    You can't make a (Denver) omelette without breaking eggs: Using OpenStack policies for great good: https://www.openstack.org/summit/denver-2019/summit-schedule/events/23535/you-cant-make-a-denver-omelette-without-breaking-eggs-using-openstack-policies-for-great-good
    Lessons learnt federating OpenStack powered Supercomputers: https://www.openstack.org/summit/denver-2019/summit-schedule/events/23106/lessons-learnt-federating-openstack-powered-supercomputers
    Leveraging OpenStack Keystone for Multi-Tenancy Support in Kubernetes: https://www.openstack.org/summit/denver-2019/summit-schedule/events/23673/leveraging-openstack-keystone-for-multi-tenancy-support-in-kubernetes
    Keystone - Project Update: https://www.openstack.org/summit/denver-2019/summit-schedule/events/23710/keystone-project-update
    Bridging Clouds with Keystone to Keystone Federation: https://www.openstack.org/summit/denver-2019/summit-schedule/events/23285/bridging-clouds-with-keystone-to-keystone-federation
    Keystone JWS Tokens: Past, Present, and Future: https://www.openstack.org/summit/denver-2019/summit-schedule/events/23585/keystone-jws-tokens-past-present-and-future
    Keystone - Project Onboarding: https://www.openstack.org/summit/denver-2019/summit-schedule/events/23730/keystone-project-onboarding

### PTG Agenda

I rearranged the PTG agenda[5] a bit now that we have scheduled some meetings with other teams. The schedule is still fluid and subject to change.

[5] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/keystone-train-ptg

### Team Dinner

We're having out team dinner on Wednesday evening[6] in Denver. If you'd like to join us and haven't yet RSVP'd, please let me know, we'd be glad to have you.

[6] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-April/005549.html

## Open Specs

Train specs: https://bit.ly/2uZ2tRl

Ongoing specs: https://bit.ly/2OyDLTh

## Recently Merged Changes

Search query: https://bit.ly/2pquOwT

We merged 8 changes this week.

## Changes that need Attention

Search query: https://bit.ly/2tymTje

There are 27 changes that are passing CI, not in merge conflict, have no negative reviews and aren't proposed by bots.

## Bugs

This week we opened 2 new bugs and closed 0.

Bugs opened (2)
Bug #1825867 (keystone:Undecided) opened by Abhishek Sharma M https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1825867
Bug #1826197 (python-keystoneclient:Undecided) opened by jacky06 https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-keystoneclient/+bug/1826197

Bugs closed (0)

Bugs fixed (0)

## Milestone Outlook

https://releases.openstack.org/train/schedule.html

The schedule for keystone has been posted. The next deadline is the spec proposal freeze at milestone 1 which is in a few weeks.

## Shout-outs

See many of you next week!

## Help with this newsletter

Help contribute to this newsletter by editing the etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/keystone-team-newsletter