[placement][ptg] Enabling other projects to continue with placement or get started

Jay Bryant jungleboyj at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 13:50:26 UTC 2019

Chris,

Sorry for the slow reply here.

The team has talked about this a little bit in our team meetings.  We
had previously talked to the placement team about how it could benefit
Cinder and I think we had reach the conclusion that there wasn't really
any benefit that Cinder could get from placement.

I think, however, the open item is if Placement can benefit from Cinder
if we were to make available volume and storage backend information to
Placement.  If so we would need to understand the work involved.

It might be worth planning some cross project time at the PTG just to
sync up on where things are at.  Let me know if you are interested in
doing this.

Thanks!

Jay