Migrating git repos to OpenDev

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Mon Apr 22 02:19:50 UTC 2019

On Sun, Apr 21, 2019 at 08:50:16PM -0400, Doug Hellmann wrote:
> "Clark Boylan" <cboylan at sapwetik.org> writes:
>
> > Hello everyone!
> >
> > The Infra team, no, OpenDev Infra team, has completed the initial work
> > to migrate to a more flexible git hosting platform. Gerrit is now
> > hosted at review.opendev.org (with redirects from review.openstack.org
> > in place). Our git mirroring has transitioned from git.openstack.org,
> > git.airshipit.org, git.starlingx.io, and git.zuul-ci.org to
> > http(s)://opendev.org. We have put in place redirects from these old
> > domains to the new domain. If you see James Blair at the summit and
> > appreciate these redirects: buy him a beverage.
>
> So does that mean that old git:// URLs in remotes will need to be
> updated in local copies? For example, in a local working copy I have
> this output:

Yup.  I hit this also.  I wrote:

    https://github.com/tbreeds/opendev-git-update

with the help of OpenDev Infra.

It will workout where the project landed if there was a namespace
change, and switch to using https instead of git for origin urls.  It
avoids the need to re-clone repos.  It also *tries* to do the right
thing for current stable branches.  It meets my needs but isn't quality
software ;P

Pull-requests welcome.

It used stopped part way through so I really recommend grabbing the
current master before you run it.

Yours Tony.