[octavia][taskflow] Adaption of persistence/jobboard (taskflow expert review needed)

Anna Taraday akamyshnikova at mirantis.com
Fri Apr 19 13:15:34 UTC 2019

Hello everyone!

I was looking at the topic of usage taskflow persistence and jobboard in
Octavia [1].
I created a simple PoC to check what should be done to enable this
functionality [2] .

>From what I see, taskflow expects that data, which will be stored in
persitence backend/jobboard backend, is a dict or an object easily
converted to dicts [3] (error [3.1])
Also functions that creates flow should be importable [4] (error [4.1]).

These two points lead to refactor required for Octavia to enable taskflow
persistence and jobboard:
1) Convert data which is passed between flows in dicts, at this moment it
is db objects with links to other db objects.
2) Create importable flow functions.

As far as I see the only OpenStack project which adapted taskflow
persistence is poppy [5]

I'm looking for taskflow expect to take a look at all this and give some
comments - whether I am correct or missing something.

Thank you for your time in advance!

[1] - https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2005072
[2] - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/647406
[3] -