The python black project.

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 17:26:26 UTC 2019

On 4/18/2019 11:08 AM, Lance Bragstad wrote:
> If black's conventions are too restrictive, but we still
> want more consistency, someone can drive an effort to start writing down
> conventions we, as in OpenStack, think are important.

Seems we've all forgotten openstack already has a project to do this:

http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-dev/hacking/tree/README.rst

It's just that people probably don't do many new hacking checks in their
projects anymore, or they don't think about "upstreaming" them to the
hacking library and then percolating those rules out to all other projects.

Also, each project can pick and choose which hacking checks they want to
adopt, and enforce them gradually rather than all at once - which is one
of the knocks I'm reading about Black in this thread.

Matt