Migrating git repos to OpenDev

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Wed Apr 17 09:45:18 UTC 2019

On Tue, 16 Apr 2019, Ghanshyam Mann wrote:

> I found one more which need to be placed somewhere in openstack/
>
> - microversion-parse - this lib is used by many projects for API microversion parsing.  maybe cdent can suggest.

When microversion-parse was first put together it wasn't put under
an official project for three reasons:

* Make it accessible to anything outside the OpenStack world that
   might like to work with microversion (if ever such a thing cae to
   exist).

* Make it crystal clear that the library was just a thing you
   install from PyPI, no big deal.

* Couldn't decide anywhere to put it.

We're essentially still in that boat, but what's changed, at least a
bit, is that it's increasingly easy to think of things born in the
OpenStack world as just things you can install from PyPI.

All of which is a long way of saying I don't really have any good
suggestions.

The current core group is made up of members of the API-SIG but that
group doesn't currently own any code-oriented repos.

If it is acceptable for it to be openstack/microversion-parse then
let's do that. If it can't, because it is not "official", then it's
also fine for it to be in the 'x' namespace. The main signifier (to
me) is the domain name, and with that changing anyway, the rest of
it doesn't really signify.