[placement][ptg] Keeping osc-placement healthy

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Tue Apr 16 16:04:42 UTC 2019

Since this thread started there have been a few changes:

A new contributor has provided a microversion 1.22: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/651783/

> * It's functional tests require a working devstack, which is a bit meh
>    * Maybe something like https://vcrpy.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
>      could help (reasonable given microversions)

Based on Matt's suggestion I've changed the functional tests to use
the PlacementFixture https://review.openstack.org/#/c/651939/ and it
seems to work rather well.

> * (edleafe) It might be useful to have an osc-placement lead (czar?
>  princess? mayor?) who can devote some of their time to this and
>  help coordinate others. I might be able to rustle up some cycles.

What do people think of the idea of czar for osc-placement? Someone
who will keep it on the radar, thank kind of thing.