[stackalytics] Reported numbers seem inaccurate

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Apr 16 14:31:20 UTC 2019

On 2019-04-11 18:21:13 UTC (+0000), Mark Goddard wrote:
> I've heard a couple of people say they don't feel the numbers
> reported by Stackalytics accurately reflect reality. I've been
> trying to gather a few stats for my Kolla update session in
> Denver, and am finding the same.
[...]

I'm not going to attempt to debate the value of the Stackalytics
site, but given the maintainers seem to have set their sights beyond
OpenStack lately they're probably not following discussions on the
openstack-discuss mailing list (their lack of replies here after
nearly a week would indicate this as well). According to the
readme[*] for the project, they seem to prefer bug reports via
Launchpad so that may be a more effective place to follow up on this
concern if there is a desire for continued use of Stackalytics by
the OpenStack community. That said, someone already seems to have
reported[**] the problem back in January and the bug hasn't been
triaged yet, but maybe additional mee-toos will up their urgency?

[*] https://opendev.org/openstack/stackalytics/src/branch/master/README.rst#project-info
[**] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1811028
--
Jeremy Stanley