[ceilometer] Missing some notifications

Florian Engelmann florian.engelmann at everyware.ch
Tue Apr 16 09:38:29 UTC 2019

Hi,

I am not sure if this problem is related to ceilometer or rabbitmq but
it looks like our ceilometer notification agent is missing some
notifications. Creating, eg. 10 cinder volumes in a row results in some
of those volumes are not stored in gnocchi. "openstack metric resource
show <ID>" results in a 404 error. Attaching the volume and detaching it
again sometimes helps to "create" it in gnocchi.
We do use gnocchi for billing. So missing volumes is very bad.
Any recommendation on how to debug this problem?

Thank you very much,
flo