[tc][all] Dropping py35 testing

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Mon Apr 15 15:44:51 UTC 2019

 ---- On Mon, 15 Apr 2019 09:45:06 -0500 Zane Bitter <zbitter at redhat.com> wrote ----
 > On 14/04/19 2:48 PM, Ghanshyam Mann wrote:
 > > Hello Everyone,
 > >
 > > All the integration testing has been moved to Bionic[1] now and as discussed in the TC meeting[2],
 > > we are good to drop the py35 testing.
 > >
 > > Train: Good to drop.
 > > I am going to push the patches to remove the py35 jobs from the master (which is Train now).
 >
 > +1
 >
 > Can I suggest that you instead push patches to switch to
 > openstack-python3-train-jobs?
 >
 > The only downside of that is that since it can't merge until py37 works,
 > projects will end up continuing to run py35 tests until py37 support is
 > ready to merge. But the upside is we only have to make one change for Train.

I was thinking to update the Train runtime targets in 'openstack-python-jobs' project template
which is already present on each project side. If we use this template to update testing
runtime jobs each cycle then, we do not need to update all projects.

Any drop of py version or addition will be done at a single place and with consistency.

-gmann