[Release-job-failures] release-post job for openstack/releases failed

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Mon Apr 15 14:26:42 UTC 2019

> During release-post processing of the ocata-em tagging change [1], we hit a
> job timeout[2].
>
> It went as far down as sahara.yaml, where it successfully tagged sahara,
> sahara-dashboard, sahara-extra, sahara-image-elements, before hitting the
> timeout.
>
> So it did not tackle searchlight-ui and the 28 other deliverables after
> that.
>
> [1] https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/releases/commit/?id=804d609460e6b165e0549e6759b1d0ee277a970a
> [2] http://logs.openstack.org/80/804d609460e6b165e0549e6759b1d0ee277a970a/release-post/tag-releases/a1dd193/job-output.txt.gz

I have submitted https://review.openstack.org/652659  to increase the job
timeout for tag-releases. I have also submitted a revert of the tagging with
https://review.openstack.org/652672. I think easiest fix for this for now will
be to merge both of those, resubmit the ocata-em tagging on top of the longer
job timeout, then see how long the actual tagging of every deliverable takes
and adjust our job timeout if we need to be a little more reasonable about how
long we wait. Keeping in mind that there may be a few more deliverables in
later series though.

Jeremy had a great suggestion that we may also want to consider doing these
full-cycle EM tagging patches in multiple batches so we avoid the need to
process so many tags in one job run.