[tc][all] Dropping py35 testing

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Mon Apr 15 14:21:48 UTC 2019

> > we are good to drop the py35 testing.
> >
> > Train: Good to drop.
> > I am going to push the patches to remove the py35 jobs from the master (which is Train now).
> so i asked this a number of months ago and at the time i did not get a concreate answer.
> if we drop py35 testing that means we are increaseing our minium python 3 version to py36

Yes, following our policy of using the python version supported on the distros
we target at the beginning of the cycle. the Stein minimum py3 version was
Python 3.6 [0].

> so projects are free to use python 3.6 only feature correct once py2.7 support is removed.

Dropping py2 support is currently planned for the U release cycle.

> i recently found out that nova does not work on py37 and if we have no testing for py35 then
> its possible that we could also break there so if this goes ahead i want to carify that for train
> the only supported python veriosn will by py27 and py36 unless we elect to add py37 support as a train
> goal.

Failures on py3.7 will need to be addressed as that is one of the Python
runtimes required for Train [1].

[0] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/reference/runtimes/stein.html
[1] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/reference/runtimes/train.html