[cinder]db online_data_migrations error in rocky release

Rambo lijie at unitedstack.com
Mon Apr 15 01:34:51 UTC 2019

Hi,all

       When we configured backend_host (not host) for cinder-volume HA, then we execute the cli "cinder-manage db online_data_migrations", and we can get the following error: "Error attempting to run shared_targets_online_data_migration: MessagingTimeout: Timed out waiting for a reply to message ID".The problem can be reproduced by deploying cinder-volume with pacemaker.And I have set the backend_host = hostgroup, the "host" is not set.
    The reason of this I found that there will be an rpc call for all service.host. When the service.host is "hostgroup at ssd", because the "hostgroup" host is virtual, so theis is error.

    I have raise this as a bug. Can you tell me more about this? Thank you very much.

Ref:
https://github.com/openstack/cinder/blob/master/cinder/cmd/manage.py#L111

https://bugs.launchpad.net/cinder/+bug/1824509

Best Regards