[placement][nova][ptg] Protecting driver-provided traits

Eric Fried openstack at fried.cc
Fri Apr 12 13:21:33 UTC 2019

> Well, there's still the small matter of where to include the Venn diagram.  As I wrote in a previous email (which you may have not seen; for some reason it didn't show up in the list archives yet),

Hm, no, didn't show up in my inbox either.

> the idea of putting it at the bottom of
>   https://docs.openstack.org/nova/latest/admin/configuration/schedulers.html#compute-capabilities-as-traits
>
> was already rejected, otherwise it would have been there already:
>   https://review.openstack.org/#/c/644293/2/doc/source/admin/configuration/schedulers.rst@1523

Oh, I see. I get Matt's point, though I'm not sure I agree. I suppose the diagram is most useful for developers rather than admins. If there's a way we can put it somewhere permanent (that doesn't have ads) we could link it from code comments? Or find the spec that talks about this and link it from there?