[dev][stable][release][manila] Should we revert these stable branch backports?

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Fri Apr 12 02:50:37 UTC 2019

On Mon, Apr 01, 2019 at 06:35:44AM -0400, Tom Barron wrote:

> At the risk of stating the obvious, but for the record, this backport
> doesn't change *when* these deprecations occurred for VMAX.  They occurred
> in Stein development cycle, not during the Ocata development cycle, and the
> earliest the deprecated options could be removed is Train.

That brings up an interesting point and one which is largely tangental
to the stable backport issue but AFAICT the 'deprecated' names are still
called out as the correct way to configure the driver.  At least in the
case of the Unity diver:

https://docs.openstack.org/manila/latest/admin/emc_unity_driver.html#configurations

That could be fixed and backported to stein.  I sort of think that sets
the timer to 'U' but that certainly isn't supported by our policy and is
a project team decision.

Yours Tony.